Broccoli Rice Casserole

by Cyndi Malloy

This is the original recipe but, for my large family, I use 3 cups of uncooked rice and double the other ingredients. I use an insane amount of Velveeta cheese. We like to reheat the leftovers for days. Yum!

Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked rice
1/4 cup sauteed onions (or add raw onions to uncooked rice)
1 to 1 1/2 cups broccoli, chopped tops and stems, partially cooked
1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
1/2 soup can milk
chunks of Velveeta cheese to taste

Directions:
1. Cook rice and then add other ingredients and mix well.
2. Bake at 350°, covered, until bubbly around the edges.  Bake time will vary, depending on how much you make (approx. 30 mins for the original recipe and 45-60 mins for the size I make).  I like to give it a thorough stirring once the cheese has melted, maybe halfway through bake time, to make it a more uniform yellow-orange color. I also uncover for the last 10 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment